Organization: Hood River Electric Coop
Title: Temporary GIS Technician
Location: Hood River, OR
The Temporary GIS Technician position could be full or part time, and is expected to last 3-6 months. This position will complete GIS data entry related tasks and projects, focusing primarily on inputting fiber splicing diagrams into the mapping system.
Under the guidance of the Engineering & Technology Manager and following HR Co-op GIS standards for mapping, the GIS Technician will:
- Assist in performing edits and basic queries using NISC’s Mapping and GIS tools.
- Assist in creating, modifying, and updating the fiber database network model.
- Assist in database input and editing of databases.
- Assist in routine GIS mapping and data maintenance projects and tasks.
- Assist in the research and documentation of HR Co-op’s GIS procedures.
- Assist with field data collection as well as post processing and/or data input into GIS
- Assist in the creation of maps and map products in response to map requests.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the Supervisor to help the meet Cooperative fiber optic mapping goals and expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Working knowledge of editing using ArcGIS
- Knowledge of NISC’s Mapping and Staking software
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Online
Posted: May 24, 2023
Open until filled; first review of applications will be June 7, 2023
Download the Job Description - Temporary GIS Technician
Why this Job?
This is your chance to demonstrate your GIS skills as part of a member-focused, service-oriented co-op that provides reliable, affordable electric and internet service in the Hood River Valley. Our members appreciate us and our employees enjoy our fun, service-focused work environment.
Regular office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. This position could offer flexible hours, and could be full or part time.
How to Apply
1. Download an HR Co-op Employment Application.
2. Open the application form in Adobe Reader.
3. Fill in the application form with your information and save the file.
4. Submit your completed application and any supplemental materials to:
Hood River Electric Coop
Or by mail:
attn: Employment Opportunities
PO Box 125
Odell, OR 97044
High school graduate with significant computer experience, ability to complete repetitive tasks accurately, and ability to quickly learn new software tools.
Previous GIS work experience using ESRI software.
Current college student or recent graduate with a concentration in GIS, geography, or a closely related field.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the job.
Valid driver license: Yes
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse