Organization: Innovate!, Inc.
Title: Senior Geospatial IT Systems Administrator (PostgreSQL – Enterprise Geodatabase)
Senior Geospatial IT Systems Administrator (PostgreSQL – Enterprise Geodatabase)
Innovate! Inc. is actively searching for a proactive and highly motivated individual with a strong drive for innovation. We are seeking a Senior Geospatial IT Systems Administrator (PostgreSQL – Enterprise Geodatabase) who can thrive in a dynamic work environment and handle occasional demanding schedules. As a self-directed and well-organized professional, you will utilize your expertise with the ArcGIS suite to work alongside a core team. There is also potential for you to lead both large and small GIS projects for our diverse client base. In this role, you will contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of geospatial applications throughout the concept, design, and implementation phases. Additionally, you will support other team members in utilizing GIS applications and software, collaborate with clients and teaming partners, and provide assistance with ArcGIS Enterprise deployments. By joining our motivated and highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the growth and success of our company.
*Contingent upon contract being awarded*
• Team player that exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
• Excellent communication skills, time-management, decision-making, and basic task
organizational skills are mandatory.
• Create architecture models and diagrams to properly describe the requirements of the server applications.
• Writes project architecture documents, including models and data flow diagrams.
• Creates operational documentation.
• Coordinates all phases of the Software Design Life Cycle process.
• Provides estimates to staff on technical tasks and efforts required to implement.
• Provide estimates to the development staff on technical tasks and efforts required to complete assignments.
• Conduct Architecture, Engineering, and operational\administrative efforts required to build and operate Enterprise Geodatabase(s) on top of PostgreSQL RDBMS.
• Experience configuring and Automating Geodatabase workflows with Python
• Experience configuring high-availability and replication for PostgreSQL\EPAS
• Experience configuring streaming replication for PostgreSQL\EPAS
• Experience configuring Netapp Snap Center
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, database engineering, software engineering or relevant field preferred, EPAS\PostgreSQL experience is mandatory.
• 3+ years of experience architecting, engineering, deploying, and troubleshooting Esri Enterprise Geodatabases on top of PostGIS\PostgreSQL RDBMS
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Innovate! Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company passionate about the dynamic benefits of providing effective management consulting, IT support, and geospatial technology for the federal government. We believe that thinking innovatively can achieve positive results in organizations that lead to cultural and business change. This belief and our ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions were recognized with Innovate being named 2012 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Outstanding 8(a) Small Business of the Year. Innovate is a fast-paced, rapidly growing group of entrepreneurs creating a culture of excellence. Rapid advancement within our organization is not only possible, it is encouraged.
To view our website, visit www.innovateteam.com.
Innovate! Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active-Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about leveraging your skills in geospatial technology, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are excited to contribute to our company's growth and positive direction, we encourage you to apply. Join our motivated and highly skilled team and embark on an exciting career journey with Innovate! Inc.
Apply on our Career page: Innovate Public Job Board. Your cover letter must include your salary requirements (residents of MA are exempt from this request). If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 703.922.9090 x5.
Currently hiring from these locations only: California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia and Washington
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse