Organization: Saalex Solutions
Title: Range Laser Safety Technician
Location: Corona, CA
Application Deadline: 2023-10-10
Currently we have an opening for a GIS Specialist to complement our current range assessment program supporting the U.S. Navy (USN) Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division (NSWC Corona). The selected candidate will be supporting our Project Lead, as part of a highly specialized team. This position will provide GIS support and expertise for the collection, analysis, management, and cartographic output of geospatial data and applications. The work supports U.S. and Foreign military training programs both at on-site (office) and off-site (fieldwork) levels. The proposed breakdown of time is as follows - 60% remote (telecommute), 10% client location, and 30% travel. Travel may encompass both national and international venues. Due to the percentage of telecommuting, exceptional personal discipline & time management skills are requirements.
The Specialist will complete in-the-field surveys of various training ranges (may include, but not limited to, extensive hiking, flights in both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ship/boat transport, ATV use). Will participate in site surveys, providing support to survey lead (includes, but is not limited to, attending briefings/meetings, capturing field notes, generating photo record, and GIS/GPS support). Provide post-processing and analysis of GPS data as well as manage data from multiple sources in various formats. Individual will report on analysis results and produce reports as required (including, but not limited to, ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annually). Will develop database and maintain data archiving/backup program. Will generate, adopt, and work with Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) data and associated models. Individual will also develop or introduce new technologies/processes to improve workflows.
Responsibilities also include:
• Provide GIS Analyst support to customers with diverse operational needs.
• Document and analyze requirements from users and managers and translate them into application, functionality, and data requirements.
• Interpreting data and researching geographical information.
• Performing 3D terrain & spatial analysis.
• Creating, filing, printing, and distributing maps and geospatial information.
• Assist with training and technical support of end users and stakeholders.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
• BS Degree
• Minimum 5 years GIS experience in GIS database development and GIS systems analysis –
• Fluent in Environmental Systems Research (ESRI) GIS Products, MS Office Suite, SDSDIE, and Adobe software
• Practical knowledge of GPS technologies (hardware & software functionality)
• Proficient in database management and data archiving
• Detailed and accuracy orientated
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated
• Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
• Requires minimal supervision and direction - Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to pass U.S. Navy NASTP (Naval Aviation Survival Training Program) Class 3 Non-Aircrew aviation physiology and water survival training
• Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds of equipment up to a half a mile
• Ability to walk up to two miles in various environmental conditions and on various outdoor terrains
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders
• Ability to fly in small fixed or rotary wing aircraft plus travel by boat/vessel and ATVs/UTVs
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must possess an active US Passport or be able to obtain one
• Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or be able to obtain one
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
• ArcGIS Pro, 3D Analyst, and Spatial Analyst experience
• Experience working with military and federal agencies
• U.S. Navy TLSO/RLSS/LSS certified
• Certified Technical Writer
• U.S. Navy NASTP Class 3 Non-Aircrew certified
• Active GISP
• Knowledge of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation principles
• Experience with military training procedures & documentation
Competitive Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary package to attract and retain top talent in the industry. Our compensation structure is designed to reward exceptional performance and provide financial stability.
Comprehensive Health Coverage: We provide a comprehensive health insurance plan that covers medical, dental, and vision expenses. Our goal is to ensure that our employees have access to quality healthcare and can take care of their well-being.
Retirement Savings: We offer a robust retirement savings program, including a 401(k) plan, to help our employees plan for their future. We provide matching contributions to help accelerate their savings and build a solid financial foundation.
Work-Life Balance: We believe in the importance of work-life balance and understand that our employees have personal commitments and responsibilities. We offer generous paid time off to support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life integration.
Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We provide various opportunities for professional development, including training programs, and tuition reimbursement, to help them expand their skills and advance in their careers.
Recognition and Rewards: We value the contributions of our employees and believe in recognizing their achievements. We have a robust recognition program in place, including employee appreciation events, and employee recognition awards, to acknowledge and reward exceptional work.
Positive and Inclusive Work Environment: We foster a positive and inclusive work environment where diversity is valued, and employees feel respected and empowered. We promote collaboration, open communication, and teamwork to create a supportive atmosphere that enables everyone to thrive.
Saalex Solutions, a division of Saalex Corp., is an Engineering and Information Technology Services company with a focus on Test Range Operations and Management, Engineering and Logistics Services, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Services and Information Technology Services. Founded in 1999 by Travis Mack, Saalex Solutions is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned and Operated business with prime and subcontract expertise serving the Navy, Army, Air Force, NASA, corporate clients, and local governments. We employ a workforce of over 600 at military and NASA installations nationwide and have offices in Camarillo CA, Rockledge FL, Newport RI, Ridgecrest CA, Corona CA and Keyport WA.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Pay Transparency Nondiscriminatory Provision
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse