Organization: Washington College GIS Program
Title: GIS Analyst I
Location: Chestertown, MD
This position is for an entry-level GIS analyst, who utilizes Geographic Information System techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location. Primary duties include data acquisition and creation, spatial analysis and mapping projects, updating and maintaining databases, and working with multiple disparate datasets. This position serves as a mentor for multiple student interns by training them in GIS software and map creation, and providing helpful and constructive feedback on their products. The successful applicant will report to the GIS Senior Project Manager, and is located in the GIS office in Chestertown, Maryland.
1. Design, develop, create, and maintain databases, maps, and other related analysis products.
2. Ability to understand and adapt to new datasets.
3. Effectively analyze, correct, and update large datasets for accuracy.
4. Efficiently communicate findings of analysis of datasets to customers.
5. Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) on all products.
6. Keep all project information current and organized to assure accessibility to others.
7. Provide technical support of GIS equipment, software, data, and products.
8. Oversee and train multiple student interns.
9. Attend and present at professional conferences and meetings.
10. Present or hold workshops at professional conferences and meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with a minimum of 1 year experience working in GIS field.
This position is 100% on-site and located in Chestertown, MD. No relocation assistance will be offered for this position.
Experience and Background:
1. Experience working with a small team of analysts.
2. Knowledge and skill in operation of GIS equipment, including computer hardware, GPS, and plotter/printer setup.
3. Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Excel, relational databases and/or databases.
4. Advanced ArcGIS skills, and familiarity with ArcGIS Server.
5. Ability to work independently and in a team environment, establish methodology to complete a project, and produce final products within a given timeframe.
6. Possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Possess strong communication and leadership skills.
8. A strong understanding of concepts behind data management in a database.
9. Ability to pass a Maryland and FBI criminal records background check.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for entry-level positions.
Click here for the link to the application:
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse