Organization: City of Sherwood
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Sherwood, Arkansas
Job objective: Responsible for developing and maintaining the City of Sherwood’s geographic information system (GIS) and component data layers under the direction of City Planner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and maintains GIS data layers for the City within ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the City’s online web maps to communicate GIS data to the public.
• Assists the City Planner in the preparation of sanitary sewer, storm drainage, street/roadway plans and specifications. Develop and maintain mapping project for city-wide infrastructure inventory and planning purposes.
• Gathers information regarding utility permits, street use permits, franchise utility permits, etc.
• Assists the City Planner in the review of subdivision plans.
• Assists the City Planner in performing construction inspections for streets, drainage, and wastewater projects.
• Assist the City Engineer in various engineering analysis and surveying tasks.
• Assists the Planning Department with technical duties including reviews and staff reports, as needed. This at a minimum includes producing map exhibits for Planning Commission review items.
• Assists the City Engineer with technical duties related to mapping and other matters.
• Provide GIS assistance to other City departments on specialized projects, as time allows.
• Represents the city on appropriate PAGIS committee.
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements and preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and/or preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; plus 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience with GIS and ESRI GIS Software.
• Extensive knowledge of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online
• Must possess a valid Arkansas Class D (Non-Commercial Vehicle) Driver's License before employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
• Ability to maintain accurate records, type and enter data accurately.
• Ability to effectively communicate on a one-on-one basis with others.
• Ability to maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with other employees, department officials and the public.
• Ability to report to work each scheduled day, and on time.
Pay begins at $50,000, but depending on experience, will be more.
For questions, please email [email protected] or contact Jill Ross, HR Director, at 501.833.3703.
To apply, please go to our website and complete the online application under human resources, then current job openings. www.cityofsherwood.net.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse