Organization: Tetra Tech
Title: Senior GIS Specialist
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are seeking a full-time, Senior GIS Specialist for our Albuquerque, NM operations.
Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. This position functions primarily as a GIS Specialist who will work with other GIS Specialists, data managers, and project managers across the company, providing support on various contracts and projects.
- Performs advanced GIS and data management tasks including:
- geospatial and environmental data/database management
- data analysis and reporting
- web-based mapping application development
- dashboard developing using Esri and other technologies
- Survey123 and Field Map development
- Python/script development, workflow automation, and map/figure creation.
- Will work individually and in a team setting to support Project Managers/stakeholders with GIS, dashboard, database, script, and web-based mapping application development on environmental and disaster management planning projects for various local, State, and Federal clients.
- Will interface with GIS Discipline Leads/Specialists, Project Managers, Field Personnel, and other Internal and External Clients.
With minimal supervision of GIS Manager, performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks as assigned, such as:
- Leads project teams with the preparation of GIS, databases, map products, dashboards, metadata, datasets, and electronic data collection tools for specific elements of Tetra Tech projects.
- Leads internal and external client meetings, develops and documents project requirements, and leads team to project execution.
- Manages cloud-based hosting environment including setup and management of Esri SDE databases in SQL Server, publishes and manages REST and Feature Services in Esri ArcGIS Server, and manages files in cloud and web-based content management systems.
- Develops and manages content in Esri ArcGIS Online (AGO) such as dashboards, web-based mapping applications, Hub sites, Experience Builder sites, and content used in Esri mobile applications .
- Compiles, evaluates, modifies, and analyzes data to support preparation of dashboards, web-based mapping applications, figures, tables, graphs, databases, and reports compliant with USEPA geospatial database requirements.
- Develop data processing and management automations.
- Provides on-site and/or off-site GIS support for environmental sampling and emergency response activities.
- Research various websites and data stores for data applicable to each project.
- Establishes and maintains required files to document data references, metadata, analytical methods, calculations, and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
- Develops or modifies deliverables based on redlines/rough sketches, marked-up copies and/or detailed verbal instructions.
- Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
- Ensures that the deliverables and tasks that they work on are complete and follow Tetra Tech’s Quality Control program requirements.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members.
- Responsible for training internal associates, sub-contractors, and clients on geospatial technologies, data management techniques, and mobile data collection systems.
Secondary functions may include:
- Occasional field work on projects/sites including assisting project managers and field staff with implementation of advanced field data collection and mapping solutions, environmental sampling and assessment activities in support of environmental investigation and/or emergency response activities.
- Responsibilities may include supporting field staff with the collection, documentation, and management of air monitoring data, soil and water samples, operation of equipment used for field studies (not including machinery), interpretation of sample data, and development of semi- or fully automated reporting solutions.
Additionally, this position may support Incident Management Teams (IMT) during large-scale emergency responses via remote or in-person support. Field work may require overnight travel and extensive work outdoors.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of at least 5+ years demonstrated work experience performing GIS, data management, and development tasks. You will also have experience with/ be:
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Esri desktop, online, and mobile suite of applications a must:
- ArcGIS Pro
- ArcMap and ArcCatalog
- ArcGIS Online
- Mobile suite: Survey123, Field Maps, Collector, Quick Capture, Workforce
- Developing web mapping applications (with emphasis on Esri Experience Builder), Survey123 forms, and maps for use with mobile products a must.
- Managing geospatial information in Esri file geodatabases and Spatial Database Engine (SDE).
- Experience managing information/data in relational database systems such as Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server.
- Esri ArcGIS Server and Python
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications a must.
- Adobe Creative Suite, CAD (AutoDesk and/or Bentley), or other mapping or graphic design software is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- In addition, this position requires you to pass a US Government background check to work on federal contracts.
Degree / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Information Systems, Environmental Science, or closely related field.
- Ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking, or standing on various, and uneven, terrain in a wide range of weather conditions, both hot and cold, in all seasons.
- Availability to work extended field rotations (sometimes 10-12 days at a time).
- This position may require limited travel largely within NM and AZ. Overnight travel for periods of 7 days at a time (occasionally longer) may also be required.
Tetra Tech offers comprehensive benefit options that allow employees to design a plan based on individual needs and assists in planning for long-term financial security. Available benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, term life, disability, accidental death & dismemberment coverage, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), time off with pay (TOWP), 401k retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including any public health orders and regulations that are mandated by local, state, provincial, federal, and international authorities as well as client and project requirements.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse