Organization: Environmental Solutions & Innovations, Inc.
Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH, Ravenna, OH, Mars, PA, Indianapolis, IN, Scott Depot, WV
Application Deadline: 2023-11-30
Geographic Information Systems Analyst
ESI seeks to add one or more qualified GIS Analysts to the spatial data Team. Ideal candidate(s) are flexible and resilient, responding to unexpected, short-notice changes and assignments quickly and calmly and effectively adapting to the challenges of producing interim and final deliverables. GIS tasks range from cartography for small land development sites to relational database management for utility-scale infrastructure projects, including pipelines, roads, and electric transmission lines. Successful candidate(s) work on a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities and must be willing and able to use Esri’s full suite capabilities to create work products collaboratively with a team of other GIS professionals, biologists, ecologists, archaeologists engineers, and technical writers. Critical thinking, planning, multitasking, and problem-solving are key components of candidate(s) success and job satisfaction.
• Basic mapping and cartography for a variety of documents and users.
• Project parameter analysis for proposal scoping and generation.
• Team with other staff members to identify and effectively meet or exceed project objectives.
• Develop sustainable collection systems for cloud-based field data collection.
• Execute complex data analysis using Esri and related geospatial software.
• Evaluate potential environmental impacts given a set of project parameters.
• Real-time field data results reporting and presentation to Clients via web-mapping tools.
• Discrete and landscape level land use and habitat analysis.
• Collect, analyze and interpret geospatial data from trusted sources.
• Create and maintain accurate maps and databases.
• Perform spatial analysis and modeling to support project objectives.
• Generate mapping and statistics with clear visualizations of geographic data.
GIS software is at the core of everything ESI does. Most projects rely on this technology from start to finish. Candidates must be proficient in
• Esri’s ArcGIS suite including, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Pro & ArcGIS Online including mobile maps and applications.
• Ability to complete complex tasks with spatial and 3D analyst using raster and vector data.
• GIS data creation and processing.
• Geodatabase design and maintenance including relational databases.
• Geodatabase management including spatial & tabular data stored locally and in ESI’s cloud.
• ArcGIS Online - authoring custom web maps, dashboards and mobile applications.
• Proficient with ArcGIS Collector, Survey123& Field Maps.
• Effective communication and collaboration with scientists, engineers, and other team members with diverse technical expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, or related field required with emphasis on GIS preferred.
• Minimum of four years of professional experience in the development and implementation of GIS.
• Prior experience in environmental consulting, with particular focus on linear projects.
• Proficient with Esri desktop, web and mobile product suites.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• EOS GPS hardware & software.
• Model builder.
• SWPP, Stormwater, Erosion and sediment Control design experience.
• Detail oriented.
• Highly organized and disciplined.
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Work in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills.
The position is open to full remote work.
Commensurate with experience.
Generous benefits package.
How to apply:
Please use the email subject “GIS Analyst” and send a resume to [email protected]
Environmental Solutions & Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse