Organization: Village of Bartlett
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Onsite-Bartlett, IL
The Village of Bartlett is seeking a passionate GIS enthusiast to play a pivotal role in advancing our municipal government's GIS capabilities. While some communities have well-established GIS systems that are resistant to change, Bartlett's GIS is in a dynamic phase of development. We are actively exploring opportunities to enhance the utilization of GIS across all departments, aiming to elevate the quality of services and operational efficiency. If you're eager to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to become a part of our team.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Gather and compile geospatial data from various sources.
- Perform data quality assurance and conduct spatial analysis using GIS software and tools.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of collected data and identify inconsistencies or errors.
Map Creation and Database Management:
- Work collaboratively with other village departments to create GIS solutions.
- Create GIS applications, web apps, dashboards, StoryMaps, Web AppBuilder apps, etc.
- Generate high-quality maps and visualizations for internal and external use.
- Create, update, and maintain GIS databases, including attribute data, spatial data, and metadata.
- Ensure data integrity and implement data standards and best practices.
GIS System Maintenance:
- Perform routine maintenance of GIS software, hardware, and equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to GIS data and software functionality.
- Provide support to end-users by resolving inquiries and providing training when necessary.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to support their geospatial analysis and mapping needs.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to gather requirements and provide updates on project progress.
- Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and other materials to convey geospatial information to non-technical audiences.
Research and Innovation:
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends, tools, and technologies in GIS and related fields.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and propose innovative solutions.
- Participate in professional development activities, such as attending conferences or training workshops.
- Principles and practices of GIS, planning, and cartography.
- GIS Software including ArcGIS Pro, Survey123, StoryMaps, Hub, FieldMaps, and AGOL.
- Technical report and memo writing.
- Microsoft suite products such as Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with geodatabases, SQL, and data manipulation languages.
- Operate and use various computers and computer-aided devices.
- Work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with village staff, consultants, other entities serving Bartlett, and the public.
- Understand and analyze current GIS trends and innovations.
- Organize and present research projects and results.
- Respond to difficult and sensitive public inquiries.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain mental and physical capacity appropriate for assigned duties and responsibilities.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
- Minimum of two years of GIS experience, proficiency with ESRI software, including ArcGIS Pro, Survey123, StoryMaps, Hub and knowledge of database development and maintenance.
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in GIS.
License or Certificate:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain Part 107 Remote Pilot license (at Village expense).
What We Offer:
- A small but innovative GIS team where you will make an impact.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages professional growth.
- Training and opportunities for skill development.
- A wide range of GIS projects and challenges.
- The chance to directly impact and improve the lives of Village residents through GIS.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental and life insurance; IMRF pension plan; paid vacation, personal and sick leave; and deferred compensation plans.
- Salary is $59,367 - $86,482 annually depending on qualifications.
How to Apply:
If you're excited about the prospect of combining your passion for GIS with a commitment to public service, we want to hear from you! To apply for this GIS Technician position, please apply online at www.bartlettil.gov using the "Apply Now" link at the top of the page. Be sure to attach your resume and a cover letter detailing your background and interest. Applications will be accepted until we find the right person.
Join us in making a positive impact on our community through GIS. Apply today and be a part of our dedicated GIS team for the Village of Bartlett!
The Village of Bartlett is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Join us in making a positive impact on our community through the power of GIS!
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse