Organization: Pro-West & Associates
Title: GIS Technician
Application Deadline: 2024-05-20
Do you want to build your GIS skillset amongst seasoned professionals?
Are you looking for a supportive team with a growth mindset?
Do you want to build foundational GIS skills to jumpstart or grow your career?
Pro-West & Associates, Inc. is looking for a GIS Technician who will serve as an integral member of our existing talented data development team, providing entry level GIS data development and maintenance support.
The GIS Technician position requires creating and editing spatial data using Esri ArcGIS Pro software, ability to work within our fast-paced, technological environment with a diverse team, and enthusiasm for helping our clients make a difference in the area of GIS.
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week), with vacation, holidays, 401K, bereavement leave, health insurance, short/long-term disability, and HSA/FSA benefits. This is a term position with location as remote or in the Walker, MN office.
Pro-West & Associates, Inc. (www.prowestgis.com) is a GIS (geographic information systems) consulting firm that operates in a hybrid and remote environment. Pro-West provides highly specialized GIS consulting, programming, and data management services across the Country. We are a team of professionals and technology experts who have delivered successful projects to our clients for over 36 years! Join our pioneering and talented team focused on helping our clients make a difference in the area of location technology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering or related field, AA degree with GIS emphasis, GIS Certificate, or equivalent experience.
• Use of Esri’s ArcGIS Pro desktop software, or ArcMap
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Demonstrated communication skills while working on teams
• Follow project standards to accurately create and edit geospatial data and databases
• Communicate project efficiency improvements to senior technicians/manager
• Assist in quality control processes to assure data quality and integrity standards are met
• Clearly document data discrepancies and communicate through quality control reports
• Attend in-house project meetings, specific to assigned projects
• Maintain and develop ArcGIS Pro desktop skills through relevant trainings
Optional Desired Skills:
• Experience with relational databases, parcel data, utility data, addressing, and/or reading legal descriptions
• Experience or introduction to editing geodatabase features and attributes
Approximate Start Date: April-May, 2024.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse