Title: GIS Developer
Ventera’s mission is to be a growing business technology consulting firm recognized for earning the loyalty of customers and employees by committing to their success. Ventera delivers innovative business and technology solutions to unique customer challenges, to help our clients achieve meaningful results. Our team brings expertise and serves as a trusted advisor to our clients in the areas of Management Consulting, Software Engineering, and Data Solutions. We strive to make Ventera a fun place to work, as well as a place where you will want to stay and build your professional career. We are a Washington Post Top 20 Workplaces Award Winner. Come Join Us!!
We are looking for a GIS Developer to work on a cloud-based scientific analytics platform as part of a SAFe Agile scrum team. The successful candidate will be an experienced GIS Developer who has worked with open-source technologies in the front-end and back-end and has worked with large vector and raster geospatial datasets, preferably with geoscience data in an analytic capacity.
• Develop complex back-end spatial queries using PostGIS
• Gather, manage, and process large raster and vector datasets
• Implement and manage ETL jobs
• Develop front-end GIS applications, including web maps, integrated with cloud-based analytics platform
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, geography, geosciences, or related field
• 5+ years working with GIS software, including open-source GIS software (QGIS, SAGA GIS, GRASS, MapServer, etc.)
• 3+ years of experience designing and orchestrating large ETL jobs in FME Desktop and/or FME Server
• 3+ years writing Python (including Flask and geospatial libraries)
• 3+ years of experience writing Postgres/PostGIS including using raster utilities.
• Experience working with large raster and vector datasets, including LiDAR
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working with soil datasets
• Experience with open-source web mapping frameworks including Leaflet, OpenLayers, and MapLibre
• Experience with scientific programming and/or machine learning
• Experience with Docker and deploying applications to AWS
• Experience with R, .NET Core, Typescript, and/or React
• SAFe certification or experience working in an agile environment
• Experience with Voyager Search
Perks of working at Ventera:
• Inclusive culture, providing a great work/life balance
• Flexible work schedules
• 100% paid medical, dental & vision coverage for employee
• 5 weeks of PTO & unlimited sick leave
• Bi-annual bonus structure
• Career coach development program
• Educational benefits for training, conferences, certifications, tuition etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If interested, please email Jaime Foster at [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse