Title: GIS Technician
Location: Hampton, VA
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is looking for a GIS Technician to support a large U.S. Federal agency GIS program. The GIS Technician will work as part of a team that provides specialized programmatic support including Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE) standards, geospatial data creation and integration, and business requirements gathering. The Technician will be expected to communicate and coordinate with other staff and/or contractors, project management, clients, and installation personnel. Candidates will be responsible for data conversion and geospatial data layer creation and maintenance. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a GIS Technician which include:
• Data conversion of source material into geospatial databases.
• Locational and attribute data collection activities for physical features to be incorporated into GIS or related databases.
• Create, validate, manage, and maintain data to support functional areas.
• Maintain data development tools and software, GPS receivers and other related collection equipment.
• Develop processes and workflows, produces documentation accordingly and performs QA/QC.
To perform the duties of the GIS Technician successfully, the candidate must be:
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Passionate about the geospatial industry and new technology.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
• Flexible work hours and PTO.
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals.
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the GIS Technician:
• US Citizen
• Ability to obtain a Federal Security Clearance
• Associate degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or IT related field.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in GIS using ArcGIS 10.x Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and related geospatial software tools.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Working experience of GPS data collection methodologies and equipment.
• Working experience applying GIS technologies to help understand and resolve business issues.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the GIS Technician:
• Knowledge of SDSFIE and DoD IGI&S data standards.
• Advanced experience and progressive competency in Esri software to include collecting, editing, manipulating, analyzing, and maintaining geospatial data in a versioned environment.
• Advanced experience creating and manipulating spatial data from a variety of sources such as CAD drawings, GPS data, as-built drawings, historical maps, and survey notes.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. geocgi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse