Organization: Nashua Regional Planning Commission
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Nashua, NH
The Nashua Regional Planning Commission seeks a GIS Technician to join its award-winning team. The GIS Technician carries out data development and maintenance, mapping and cartography, support of web apps, and general technical and data support. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, solution-focused, and customer service-driven.
Examples of Duties:
• Conducts traffic counting, turning movement counts, and bicycle/pedestrian counts as directed.
• Conducts condition assessments using road surface management and pedestrian infrastructure.
• Conducts GPS and other mobile field work, as necessary.
• Provides staffing support for Household Hazardous Waste events.
• Conduct on-board transit passenger surveys and tabulation of data.
• Conducts basic geoprocessing tasks, data digitization, and other Enterprise feature creation or editing to support project needs.
• Supports the NRPC GIS Database using best practice workflow. This involves the interpretation of deeds, drawings and plans, aerial imagery, and field data to maintain features, attributes, and annotations.
• Maintains NRPC’s tax mapping services for municipal clients.
• Develop other high-quality GIS maps and graphics products using NRPC conventions for cartography.
• Conducts non-spatial data analysis as needed to support projects.
• Assists with inventory and maintenance of field data equipment including the NRPC vehicle.
• Attends trainings and workshops, as necessary.
• Fills in for staff in the event of an emergency or staff absence.
• Accepts other responsibilities assigned.
This is an entry-level position and NRPC will train the right candidate. Minimum educational requirements include undergraduate-level coursework in Geography/GIS or equivalent workplace experience culminating in a working knowledge of ESRI software including ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to conduct a variety of outdoor field data collection activities in both rural and urban settings.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an affinity for data and computer technology, an ability to handle routine or repetitive data collection and data entry tasks, and exercise sound judgment and responsiveness to unique situations as they emerge.
NRPC is unable to sponsor international candidates. Interview preference will be given to local applicants (Greater Nashua, NH area).
The Nashua Region is a vibrant landscape of rural, suburban, and urban communities located just 40 miles from Downtown Boston. The commission enjoys extensive relationships with its 13 member communities as well as partners spanning the transportation, public health and wellness, human services, business, and philanthropic fields and the selected candidate will enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of creative and cutting-edge projects. The commission fosters a work environment that is both personally and professionally fulfilling and encourages continued professional development in an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
To apply: please forward a cover letter, resume, and one or two examples of recent GIS project work to: Sara Siskavich, GIS Manager, [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse